We take the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic very, very seriously. We have very strict hygiene procedures. Over the last few weeks, we have been escalating these as required.
We have implemented several extra procedures on top of our normal hygiene procedures. Our Hygiene Policy can be found here.
Below is our Coronavirus update. The latest change is point 8 (A) (in italics).
As previously communicated, we also have online osteopathy consultations available.
In accordance with Stage 3 restrictions currently in place in Victoria, Remedial Massage will be temporarily unavailable at our clinics. Osteopathy and Exercise Physiology continue to be available.
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, The Osteo Collective believes it is imperative to outline the following extra guidelines:
- No hand shaking.
- All patients must also be advised to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the clinic.
- No cancellation fee for those patients cancelling inside 24 hours.
- No one placed in self-isolation may enter the clinic premises. Online consultations are available if required. Rehabilitation equipment can be delivered. Online ordering via our website is available for any products.
- Any practitioner who is unwell is not permitted to enter the clinic. All appointments will be rescheduled to a future date.
- New patients will be sent an electronic version of the Patient Information Form and Record of Consent prior to their appointment. This can be filled in and submitted online. If you do not receive it, we can send you to your phone directly when you arrive, to be filled in on your own device.
- We ask that all patients swipe their own private health insurance card. A signature will not be required. We will no long accept cash. Card payments, via tap only. Please discuss with us if you have any concerns.
- We have removed chairs from the waiting room and increased the distance between them. Please do not change their position.
- We have spaced out appointments wherever possible to reduce the likelihood of multiple patients in the premises at the same time. There may be times that we ask you to wait outside or in your car. We will let you know about this if required.
- Magazines and promotional material have been removed from the waiting areas.
- We have also removed the water and coffee stations. Please bring your own water to your appointment if you like.
All practitioners at The Osteo Collective must complete the Australian Government Department of Health Infection Control Training – COVID 19.
Government regulations regarding social distancing
Healthcare settings (including Allied Health Clinics) remain exempt from the requirement to provide 4m2 per person in enclosed spaces. Despite this, our waiting rooms, consulting rooms and rehab spaces are large enough to accommodate the requirement.
Where possible, we ask that all staff, practitioners and patients maintain social distancing of 1.5m between them ie in waiting room and reception desk etc.
Written By Scott Toniazzo
March 23, 2020
Surrounding Suburbs We Service
Beaumaris – Black Rock – Hampton – Highett – Mentone – Sandringham
Ashburton – Carnegie – Caulfield – Chadstone – Glen Iris – Malvern – Murrumbeena
Telehealth: Victoria – New South Wales – Tasmania – Queensland – ACT – NT – Western Australia – South Australia